Qatargas Announces the Launch of a New Industrial Water Recycling Facility

Printer-friendly versionPrinter-friendly version
Send to friend: 

Doha, August 07 (QNA) - Qatargas Operating Company Limited (Qatargas) today announced the successful hand over of a new Water Recycling Facility at LR2
It will reduce water consumption and eliminate the discharge of Treated Industrial Water to the Sea. Seventy per cent (70 percent) of the recycled water will be used as boiler feed and cooling water in the Laffan Refineries, the remaining Thirty per cent (30 percent) is sent to Ras Laffan Industrial City "RLIC" for irrigation purposes.
This project is further evidence of Qatargas commitment to meet the highest environmental and quality standards and the companys continued efforts to contribute to the Qatar National Vision 2030 objectives to protect the environment and promote a sustainable development for future generations. Acknowledging the crucial role the LNG industry has to play in advancing the Qatar National Vision 2030 objective of sustainable water use, the Water Recycling Facility is a key project demonstrating the Companys commitment of being environmentally conscious and compliant.
Qatargas awarded the engineering, procurement, supply, construction, and commissioning of the new Water Recycling Facility to Qatar Kentz in September 2015. Located in RLIC, the facility will handle the treated industrial water from Laffan Refinery and LR2. The facility was constructed and delivered under budget and with zero lost-time incidents marking another achievement for the company.
Since the first production of Qatargas in 1996, Qatargas has successfully delivered cargoes to 31 countries and is committed to meeting the worlds demand for safe, reliable and clean energy.
Through its operational excellence, Qatargas is adding value to its production chain, contributing to the countrys economy and the Qatar National Vision 2030 to ensure efficient energy supplies, creating new markets and contributing to the local community. In addition to its 14 LNG Trains of which 6 are mega trains with a capacity of 7.8 MTPA each, Qatargas operates the Jetty Boil-Off Gas facility, Al Khaleej Gas, Ras Laffan Helium, the two Laffan Refineries (among the largest condensate refineries in the world), and the Ras Laffan Terminal on behalf of all participants.(QNA)