ID :
242944
Wed, 06/06/2012 - 05:23
Auther :
Shortlink :
https://www.oananews.org//node/242944
The shortlink copeid
495 Indonesian Workers Brought Back From Saudi Arabia
Ahmad Fuad Yahya
JAKARTA (Indonesia), June 6 (Bernama) -- A total of 495 Indonesian workers
in Saudi Arabia who were having various problems with their employers, had been
brought home by the Indonesian Foreign Ministry between April 7 and May 3.
The Information and Media Director of the Foreign Ministry, P.L.E. Priatna
said the general reason that required them to be repatriated was that they had
absconded from their employers.
"The problem arose because their salaries were not paid, the job did not
match the working contract, cruelty by the employers, not ready for work,
illness or the desire to return to their home country," he said in a statement,
here Tuesday.
Meanwhile, according to the records of the Indonesian Embassy in Riyadh, the
Indonesian workers generally ran off to seek protection at the embassy.
They were placed at the Transit Home while waiting for the process to seek
permission from the Saudi Arabian authority to be repatriated home.
Currently, there were 208 people at the Transit Home.
-- BERNAMA