ID :
183535
Sat, 05/21/2011 - 20:00
Auther :

Pak says it takes India's fugitive list with 'seriousness'

From Rezaul H Laskar
Islamabad, May 21 (PTI) Pakistan on Saturday skirted
the issue of errors in a list of 50 wanted fugitives sought by
India and said it would consider New Delhi's requests for
tracing suspects believed to be on Pakistani soil with "great
seriousness".
To the embarrassment of India's Home Ministry and
security agencies, it recently emerged that two men on the
list of 50 most wanted fugitives were in India.
The list, handed over to Pakistan earlier this year,
included the names of five Pakistani army officers linked to
the Mumbai attacks.
"It's an Indian list. The Indians can put any name
they want on it. It is for them to decide who to put on the
list. As far as we are concerned, we will consider any such
issue raised with us with great seriousness," Foreign Office
spokesperson Tehmina Janjua told a weekly news briefing.
Janjua was responding to a question on errors detected
in the Indian list.
Asked if India had formally withdrawn the list, she
replied: "We have no information. This is only in the media
domain".
Pakistan, she said, is working for "result-oriented
and meaningful dialogue" with India.
The recent resumption of the dialogue process with
India has led to "substantive engagement at the
secretaries-level on matters of counter-terrorism, commerce
and trade and Wullar-water issues", she said.
"We are pursuing these talks in an open and
constructive manner to achieve a result-oriented process of
engagement," Janjua said.

X