ID :
186478
Sat, 06/04/2011 - 23:02
Auther :

Ilyas Kashmiri killed in US drone strike, confirms HuJI

From Rezaul H Laskar
Islamabad, Jun 4 (PTI) Banned terror group Harkat-ul
Jehad-al Islami Saturday confirmed the death of its commander
Ilyas Kashmiri in a US drone strike, Pakistani TV channels
reported.
HuJI spokesperson Abu Hanzala issued a statement in
which it said it would take revenge from the US for Kashmiri's
death, Dawn news and other channels reported.
The channels said they had received a fax message from
HuJI confirming the 47-year-old Kashmiri's death.
The al-Qaeda-linked terrorist was a key suspect in the
2008 Mumbai terror attacks.
BBC Urdu had earlier reported that Kashmiri was among
nine militants killed in a US drone strike in the South
Waziristan tribal region.
The US drones targeted a location 20 km from Wana, one
of the main towns in South Waziristan late last night.
A drone fired two missiles at the spot and two more
missiles were fired after a short interval, local residents
were quoted as saying by BBC Urdu.

X