ID :
186579
Sun, 06/05/2011 - 22:06
Auther :
Shortlink :
https://www.oananews.org//node/186579
The shortlink copeid
Ramdev targets govt, Sonia, threatens nationwide agitation
Haridwar, Jun 5 (PTI) Angry at the disruption of his
hunger strike, yoga guru Baba Ramdev on Sunday lashed out at
the government and targeted Sonia Gandhi over the "police
barbarism" on his supporters while threatening a nationwide
agitation.
Terming police action on women and children at Ramlila
ground as a "blot to democracy", he claimed that there was a
conspiracy by the Centre to get him killed and a threat was
issued to him during a meeting with senior ministers.
Ramdev, who was detained in a dramatic fashion at his
rally before being flown here from Delhi, appeared shaken and
upset, often nearing tears as he narrated the developments of
the midnight crackdown on his followers.
"The barbarism and atrocities inflicted by police on one
lakh people crossed all limits...such atrocities were not seen
elsewhere other than in China where thousands were killed, he
said, apparently referring to the Tiananmen Square massacre.
"The satyagraha has not ended...The government must
answer. We will go door-to-door in every village across the
nation to talk about the barbarism of this government. We will
again go to Delhi or if there is conspiracy to oppress us, we
may sit on satyagraha at a place near Delhi," Ramdev said.
Attacking Sonia, he said "She is running government by
remote-control. She is daughter-in-law of this country ...she
does not love the mothers and sisters of this country."
Ramdev also said if anything happens to him, Sonia and
Congress government will be responsible "The government,
especially the Congress, do not want to see me alive as my
movement can expose their black deeds," he said.
Ramdev, who on Saturday described Prime Minister Manmohan
Singh as a man of integrity, was asked if he feels Singh was
responsible for the incident. The yoga guru merely said "the
ministers said they are coming from the PM".
Ramdev dismissed as "utter lies" police claim of inputs
about threat to him and claimed that they targeted him. "The
policemen who came to the site were of devilish nature. They
would have shot or crushed me to death," he alleged.
He said he tried to escape the "brutalities" at Ramlila
by wearing a women's attire but was caught and alleged that he
was nearly strangulated with his scarf by the policemen. "I
asked them, do you want to kill me?"
Terming the police action as the "biggest crime against
humanity," he said he will move NHRC with a complaint.
He also accused senior ministers of going back on their
promises and said HRD (Human Resource Development) Minister
Kapil Sibal misled him. "Pranab Mukherjee also accepted that
the money coming from Mauritius route was black money," he
said.
Asked about the letter of agreement between government
and him, he said, "There is nothing is that letter...They were
ready to unleash another Jallianwala Bagh. We were pressurised
to give the letter (about ending the fast by June 6). We were
told the otherwise we will have to suffer the consequences."
Earlier in the day, wearing a white ladies suit instead
of his trademark saffron robes, Ramdev accused the government
of not being serious about discussing issues of corruption and
black money and alleged that Sibal had cheated him through
"scheming and cunning" attitude.
He said "black day" will be observed across the country
tomorrow against the police action.