ID :
266726
Mon, 12/10/2012 - 12:10
Auther :
Shortlink :
https://www.oananews.org//node/266726
The shortlink copeid
Whirlwind Ravages Houses In Purbalingga
Purbalingga, Dec 10 (ANTARA) - The Regional Disaster Prevention Board (BPBD) of Purbalingga has stated that at least 77 houses in the district have been severely damaged by a whirlwind that hit the area on Sunday afternoon (December 9).
"According to initial reports, the whirlwind hit several sub-districts. Two houses collapsed and five were badly damaged. There was moderate damage to 13 houses, while 50 other houses suffered minor damages. The board is still examining the conditions of other houses," Chief of BPBD Daily Manager of Purbalingga Priyo Satmoko said here on Monday.
He noted that the four sub-districts hit by the whirlwind were Purbalingga, Kalimanah, Kemangkon and Bukateja.
"The board is still examining the conditions of two houses in Bokol village, four houses in Maja Asem village and a house in Toyareka village,� Priyo stated.
"All houses were struck down by the trees. Currently we are still assessing the damage levels of the houses," he continued.
Priyo said electricity supply was cut off in some areas in Purbalingga as a result of the disaster. However, he added, no casualties have been reported so far.
"Besides, the State Electricity Company (PLN) has already begun restoration efforts," Priyo pointed out.
"Local residents are cooperating with Indonesian Defence Forces (TNI) and Police officers in repairing the damaged houses. Some financial assistance and food aid was also given to the victims of the disaster on Sunday," he added.